A WOW Happiness Abounds Fun Fold Card
What a WOW card this one is! The Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper is gorgeous on its own but using it for this Fun Fold card made it POP all the more. Any stamp set or paper will work for this card, my choice was the Stampin’ Up Happiness Abounds stamp set with the Blossoming Happiness Dies. With the Hues of Happiness DSP, I was able to cut flowers out of the paper with the coordinating dies. I just love how easy Stampin’ Up makes it for us. Don’t be scared by reading the instructions to make this card. The hardest part is folding the cardstock so that the mechanism works properly. To do this I give you step by step pictures and a video. It is not a complicated card to make. I suggest making a sample out of old cardstock and write measurements and notes on it for future cards. I like to do this with all my Fun Fold cards.
Let’s Get Started
- Cut and score all your pieces of the cardstock and designer series paper. Fold and burnish with your Bone Folder on all the score lines on all 3 pieces.
- Using the Blossoming Happiness Dies cut out the flowers and leaves you want to use. Cut out the 2-3/4” x 4-3/4” white cardstock with the decorative die from this same framelet set.
- Cut out velum pieces using the Natural Prints Dies or the Bough Punch.
- Stamp a greeting from the Happiness Abounds stamp set on the right side of the DSP that goes on card front in Night of Navy Ink. Adhere this DSP to card front.
- Adhere the White Cardstock that you just cut out with the Blossoming Happiness Dies to card front making sure to lift all the attached chads. Wait to add the flowers till you have the Folding Mechanism and Panel attached to inside.
- Using glue, seal or tape adhere the 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper to card inside.
- Adhere the 2 smaller pieces of DSP to the 1st and 3rd sections (start counting from the left side) of the 3-1/2” x 10” panel.
- Stamp one of the 2-1/4” x 3-1/2” white cardstock with a sentiment in Night of Navy Ink then adhere to 2nd section of panel. Add one of the smaller flowers you cut out with tape or glue dots. Now stamp the flower stamps in opposite corners of the other piece of white cardstock in Fresh Freesia Ink, adhere to section 4.
Assemble the Card
- On the inside of card base make the center of card with a pencil at 2-1/8” from edge.
- Apply Liquid Glue to triangle on card mechanism.
- Directly below the fold apply the mechanism and close card.
- Turn the card over, apply liquid glue to the triangle shape and close card. Apply pressure or weight to card to hold in place for a minute or two while it dries.
- Open the card. The mechanism should unfold and lay almost flat.
- Place your panel on top of the mechanism matching the center lines of each. The panel will completely cover the mechanism and hang over each side about an inch.
- Fold the end panels inward.
- Using seal or tape apply it to the top right part of the mechanism only. Do not go below the score line. Unfold the right panel to cover the tape/seal.
- Repeat the above step on the bottom left corner of the mechanism remembering not to go above the score line. Unfold the left end panel to cover the tape.
- Close the card and then open again. You might need to help the fold and twist the first time or two until the mechanism is limber.
Decorate the Card Front
- Lay out the flowers and leaves to decide how you want it to look.
- Attach the vellum pieces with Glue Dots.
- Add the top flower with Glue Dots.
- Using Dimensionals adhere the big flower and then the bottom right flower.
- Use Glue Dots to attach the leaves.
- Add Gems from the Glassy Dot Assortment.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Night of Navy: 4-1/4” x 11” scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic White: 2-3/4” x 4-3/4”, 2-1/4” x 3-1/2” (2)
- DSP: 4” x 5-1/4” (3) Two of mine where matching pieces for the inside of card
- Stamps: Happiness Abounds
- Dies: Blossoming Happiness Dies, Natural Prints or use the Bough Punch
- Cardstock/Paper: Night of Navy, Basic White, Hues of Happiness DSP, Vellum
- Stampin Pads: Night of Navy, Fresh Freesia
- Embellishments: Glassy Dot Assortment
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors, Stampin Pierce Mat, Score Board
Stamping With Bonnie-Lynn Mini Catalog Designer Series Paper Share
It’s time for the New July to December Mini Catalog filled with Beautiful Designer Series Papers, Stamps, Bundles, Ribbons, Embellishments and much more. Even more important, it’s time for a Designer Series paper Share. I’d love to have you join my paper share. Shares give you a good working sample of all of the papers so that you can decide which ones to order in full packs.
I’m going to be placing my order of 16 different paper packs along with note cards and envelopes on July 1st. Since it only takes 2 days for an order to reach me once Stampin’ Up ships it, I hope to be able to mail your paper share to you the week of July 10th. What I do is order full packs of the papers that are included in the share. I then cut them into 6″ x 6″ pieces and package the paper groups in cellophane bags. Each bag included a label with the paper name and the colors it coordinates with. If you order a double share then I cut the papers 6″ x 12″.
New Designer Series Paper Share – $29.50 plus $7.00 shipping for First Class Mail Shipping.
Current Host Code: 32NZS3CH
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****