Garden Birdhouses Slimline Birthday Card
I receive so much pleasure out of watching birds around their feeders so this stamp set really tweeted to me and with the new Slimline Envelopes from Stampin’ Up I needed to try them out. This card was fun and relaxing to make. Who doesn’t enjoy using the Blending Brushes for your background and coloring with the Stampin’ Blends is so relaxing… Now fussy cutting is not high on my list so I have a Brother’s Cutting machine to do it for me, it does a much better job than I can. I hope you enjoy this card.
Let’s Get Started
- Stamp 3 birdhouses and 4 birds on white cardstock from the Garden Birdhouses with the Black Memento Ink. Color them in your desire colors and fussy cut out.
- Using the 3” x 8” White Cardstock stamp your tree branches from the Garden Birdhouse stamp set 2 times in Soft Suede Ink. Next use a Blending Brush and Balmy Blue Ink and sponge the background sky on this Cardstock. Do the complete panel going lighter over the branches where you will be coloring, trying not to get the ink on the leaves and lighter at the very bottom.
- Stamp the flowers in Calypso Coral Ink and the grass in Parakeet party Ink. Stamp one birdhouse wood post in Soft Suede Ink. Color in the post with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Blend and darken the tree branch if needed. Color the branch leaves using Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blend. Stamp a bird in the upper branch with Black Memento Ink and then color with a Blend. Add bird houses to card front. Make sure you stamp the 2 birdhouse hangers in Gray Granite Ink prior to adhering the birdhouses to card front with Dimensionals. Adhere this panel to the Soft Sea Foam Panel.
- Fold your Sahara Sand Card base in half and burnish with Bone Folder. Adhere the white cardstock/soft seafoam panel to the front of your card base.
- Add 3 birds to your card front. Add a double bow to top right birdhouse with a Glue Dot.
- Emboss your greeting in Black Embossing Powder with a Heat Tool onto Soft Sea Foam Cardstock. Cut out with Stylish Shapes Dies. Adhere to card front with Dimensionals. Add a couple Gems to your greeting.
- Card inside – stamp White Cardstock with a branch in Soft Suede Ink then color the leaves with Parakeet Party Ink. Using a Glue Dot adhere the 4th bird colored and fussy cut out above to the branch. Stamp the flowers in Calypso Coral Ink and the grass in Parakeet Party Ink. Stamp greeting in Black Memento Ink. Adhere this to Soft Sea Foam Panel and then to card inside.
- Use the Limited-Edition Stamp Set to stamp the card back with “made with” stamp in Sahara Sand Ink.
- The envelope color is perfect so I didn’t add anything extra but you can but there is plenty of room to stamp a branch and bird in the bottom left corner.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Sahara Sand: 7” x 8-1/2” scored at 3-1/2” for Card Base
- Soft Sea Foam: 3-1/4” x 8-1/4” (2), scrap
- Basic White: 3” x 8” (2), plus scraps for stamping bird houses and birds
- Stamps: Garden Birdhouses
- Dies: Stylish Shapes
- Cardstock/Paper: Sahara Sand, Soft Sea Foam, Basic White
- Stampin Pads: Balmy Blue, Soft Suede, Gray Granite, Parakeet Party, Calypso Coral, Memento Black, VersaMark
- Embellishments: Linen Thread, Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels (retired)
- Others: Basics Embossing Powders – Basics (Black, Clear & White), Slimline Envelopes
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Heat Tool, Stamparatus, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors, Stampin Pierce Mat
Current Host Code: 32NZS3CH
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****
PAPER PUMPKIN – SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS
“Seas” the day and set sail with across the ocean the Sending Good Thoughts Paper Pumpkin Kit! With beautifully designed nautical imagery, a fun message in a bottle motif, and sentiments that are “shore” to please, this month’s kit is full of warmth and fun.
SEA IF YOU KNOW PAPER PUMPKIN QUIZ
With this month’s kit, we’ve created a fun game to “sea” how well you know Paper Pumpkin! The Sea if You Know Paper Pumpkin quiz is a simple multiple choice quiz that, once completed, will enter active Paper Pumpkin subscribers into a draw to win a 1-month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription code! And don’t worry, the quiz isn’t scored. You don’t need 100% correct to be entered. Just enter the same email that is connected to your active Paper Pumpkin subscription. This is a perfect time to enter as rumor has it that August’s Paper Pumpkin kit includes a free gift!
ADVENTUROUS NAUTICAL THEME FOR EVERYONE
The Sending Good Thoughts Paper Pumpkin Kit not only has beautiful cards with gorgeous dry embossing, but the nautical design is appealing to everyone! Send your well wishes to father’s, brother’s, sister’s and friends who love setting sail on the ocean. Plus, the message in a bottle motif is great fun for kids who love a little bit of mystery!