A Surprising Use of a Large Stamp
I had my blog all written and ready to send out and decided that I rather do a video on the card I highlighted this week instead. So, I was back to square one and it was late. I’m not good at coming up with a new plan.
I did the virtual Creative 8 card retreat on Saturday, which was a fun and long day. One segment of our day was mystery stamping and I decided to share the card that I created. Now mystery stamping is where you are given clues, one at a time, and have no idea what the final outcome is. Our first clue was the cardstock sizes and to pick a stamp set. Do you know how hard it is to decide which stamp set to select when you’re not sure how your supposed to use it? My stamp of choice was the Hand-Penned Petals Stamp set. They say there are no mistakes in stamping…
Take the Highland Heather Cardstock and fold in half on the score line and burnish with your bone folder.
Next use the smaller stamps to fill in the colors on the flowers and leaves. I selected Soft Succulent for my leaves, Highland Heather for the larger flower and Daffodil Yellow for the remaining flowers. I then took a Daffodil Yellow Stampin Blend to color the middle of the Highland Heather flowers. The other option is to use Stampin Blends to color your bouquet.
With the Penned Flower Dies cut out your bouquet. Use your Stampin Trimmer to cut your bouquet in half lengthwise. Adhere one half to the bottom of the Basic White Cardstock and the other half to the right side of the same piece with Liquid Glue. Adhere the Basic White to Mint Macaron Cardstock.
Stamp the butterfly from the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set onto a scrap of Basic White in Memento Ink. Color with Daffodil Yellow Stampin Blend.
Stamp your greeting in Highland Heather onto a scrap of basic white. Cut out with a Stitched Rectangle Die.
Use Wink of Stella on butterfly and flowers.
Finish the inside with the Basic White Cardstock. Stamp with flowers and color with ink or Stampin Blends.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Highland Heather: card base 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”, Scrap to die cut
- Mint Macaron: (card front) 5-1/4” x 4”
- Basic White: 5” x 3-3/4”, Scraps, 5-1/4” x 4” (inside)
- Cardstock: Basic White, Highland Heather and Mint Macaron.
- Stamp Sets: Hand-Penned Petals, Positive Thoughts and Special Moments (Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set).
- Dies: Penned Flowers Dies, Ornate Layers.
- Inks: Highland Heather, Soft Succulent, Daffodil Yellow and Black Memento.
- Embellishments: Wink of Stella, Ribbon
- Stampin Blends: Daffodil Yellow
- Tools used: Stampin Cut and Emboss Machine, Paper Trimmer, Bone Folder, Take Your Pick and Stamparatus.
- Adhesives: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Tear & Tape, Stampin Seal, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
January Host Code: T3ZXTSCK
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards.*****
SALE a-bration Going on Now!
The January-February Sale-a-bration event from Stampin’ Up! is going on now. There are some awesome new products that you can earn for FREE with orders of $50+ and orders of $100+ placed between January 4 and February 28.
- Spend $50 or more and pick from 7 new products (4 stamp sets and 3 paper packs!) that are available as free items!
- Spend $100 or more and pick from 2 new items (1 stamp set and paper bundle and 1 stamp set) that are available as free items!
- Let me know if you have questions about how SALE-a-bration works.
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. To shop with me just click on the link to go to my Stampin’ Up! Store here: https://bonnielenke.stampinup.net/
- There is a new host exclusive stamp set, Calming Camellia, that will be available for FREE with either a personal order of $300 plus or a party with sales totaling $300 plus.
- Drop me an email at Bonnie@bonniestamps.com if you’re interested in setting up a personal host code for you and your friends to see if you can collect orders to reach the $300 point to get that free stamp set.
- There is an AWESOME joining promotion happening! If you purchase the Starter Kit between January 4 and February 28, you’ll get to pick a TWO FREE stamp sets with your Starter Kit!! All stamp sets except for host exclusive and Sale-a-bration stamp sets are can be picked as your free sets!!
- When you purchase the Starter Kit for $99 + taxes (if applicable) before the end of Sale-a-bration, the kit ships for FREE and you get to pick $125 in Stampin’ Up! merchandise and you’ll get TWO additional FREE stamp sets with your kit! Yay!! Two free stamp sets in addition to $125 in merchandise for $99, yes please!
- If you have any questions about joining, please drop me a note at email@example.com, I would be happy to talk with you. You can also see additional information on my blog at https://bonnielenke.stampinup.net/join_now