Dragonfly Garden Sympathy Card
Today I’m sharing Stampin’ Up Dragonfly Garden with you. I’ve had the stamp set and punch for a while and finally picked it up to play with. I knew I wanted to do a heat emboss project and thought that Dragonfly Garden would be the perfect set for this project. I had that you could stamp words or an imagine in any color ink and then clear emboss it, only I had never done so. As you read the instructions, I’ll explain how to do this. For this project you’ll need both white and clear embossing powders. The Sun Prints Designer Series Paper list both Night of Navy and Starry Sky as coordinating colors so I decided to use each color and let you chose what look you like best. The main picture is made with the Starry Sky Cardstock and the other (see below), darker cardstock is Night of Navy.
The first card I ever made was with a girlfriend and it was a Christmas card with Heat Embossing. Watching the powder turn solid was so pretty and fun to do that I was sold on card making. That was probably about 9 years or so ago and I still enjoy it as much today as I did then.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold card base in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Adhere Sun Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) to Basic White cardstock. Wrap ribbon around this, center on page and then adhere to card base.
- Using the Dragonfly Garden Stamp set, stamp the flower stamp onto the 2-3/4” x 4” Starry Sky cardstock with VersaMark. Before stamping I recommend you rub the paper with an embossing buddy first. After stamping sprinkle the White Embossing Powder so it covers the imagine completely. Shake off excess powder and if necessary, use a small paintbrush to brush off little amounts. Melt powder with the heat tool on high (move the heat tool slowly around so it doesn’t burn the paper).
- Stamp your greeting with VersaMark and repeat the above process.
- Attach the Starry Sky paper to the Basic White paper. Adhere to card front with Dimensionals.
- Using the Stamparatus, stamp the Dragonfly stamp onto Basic White cardstock. Leave the stamp on the Stamparatus and clean it without moving it. Ink the stamp up with VersaMark and stamp the Dragonfly imagine that you just stamped in Starry Sky ink. Remove and cover imagine in Clear Embossing Powder then melt the powder with the Heat Tool. You now have an Dragonfly that looks like you used Starry Sky embossing powder instead of clear.
- Punch the Dragonfly out with the coordinating punch. Attach to card front with a couple Mini Dimensionals.
- For card inside either adhere a strip of Sun Prints DSP to left side or stamp the flower imagine in Starry Sky on the bottom left corner.
- Stamp greeting on to the Basic White cardstock and adhere to card inside.
- Remember to stamp the back of the card with a stamp from the Limited Edition Stamp Set.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Starry Sky: 4-1/4 x 11 scored at 5-1/2”, 2-3/4” x 4”
- Basic White: 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”x 2-7/8” x 4-1/8”, 4” (inside), Scrap
- Sun Prints DSP: 4” x 5-1/4”, 7/8” x 5-1/4” (strip for inside)
- Stamps: Dragonfly Garden, Heartfelt Sympathy (retired), Limited Edition (for back of card)
- Punches: Dragonflies
- Cardstock/Paper: Starry Sky, Basic White, Sun Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) (Night of Navy used on Thinking of You card)
- Stampin Pads: Starry Sky, VersaMark (Night of Navy used on Thinking of You card)
- Ribbon: White ¼” Crinkle Seam Binding
- Others: Stampin Emboss Powders – Basics (Black, Clear & White)
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick, Stamparatus, Heat Tool, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors, Stampin Pierce Mat
Current Host Code: RFJD73VA
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****
Annual Paper Share – Last Day to Order May 4th at Noon
I’m offering a Designer Series Paper Share from the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog and I would love to have you join me.
What is a Catalog share? It is where you get to sample all the new Designer Series Paper from the new catalog without having to buy them all. This way you see what you love and then you can purchase a full pack later if you want. In all, you’ll receive 213 – 6” x 6” (Note vellum size in description) sheets of designer or specialty paper, PLUS a FREE gift from me.
Create magic with the NEW 2022–2024 In Colors with this Paper Pumpkin kit! With vivid pops of green and red and a range of blues, these colors are perfect for fun festivities. Send your best wishes or happy moments with the large bold lettering and gorgeous gold foil details. Plus, you can also send gift cards with the included coordinating gift card holders!
GET A CHANCE TO WIN A GOLDEN VOUCHER!
As an added bonus, every May Paper Pumpkin subscriber will get the chance to win a GOLDEN Voucher worth $25 USD | $34 CAD in Stampin’ Up! products! The winners will find their Golden Voucher in their May 2022 Paper Pumpkin box. This is the perfect time to snag coordinating In Color products from the 2022–2023 Annual Catalog that will go live on 3 May 2022 in the online store! Make sure to open your box when it arrives to see if you are a winner!
GIFT CARD HOLDERS AS WELL? YES PLEASE!
That’s right! Not only does this kit come with 10 stunning cards and coordinating envelopes, it also includes 10 coordinating gift card holders as well. That means you can send your friends, family, or coworkers congratulatory words alongside a well-earned gift card to really show your appreciation for them.