All Bundled Up Happy Birthday Card
I needed to make a special Birthday card for my grandson, who loves animals, when I saw the Stampin’ Up! All Bundled Up Stamp Set sitting at the top of my unused stamp pile. My soon to be 11 year grandson happens to be an Oregon State Fan who school colors are Orange and Black, there mascot is a Beaver. So, I chose the moose who is bundled up in a hat and scarf for a September birthday 😊. By the time I was done coloring this happy moose I think he looked pretty cute and ready to go to a Saturday night football game. Don’t be afraid to step outside the box and use stamps for cards they were not meant for. The critters in this stamp set are very cute and easy to color and can work for a wide variety of cards. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did making it.
As a side note I found out about a month ago that my two grandchildren will compare their cards and try to pick who I love more by who has the nicest card. Lol, this puts a lot of pressure on a card. I would love to hear one of those conversations. They each save all their cards and have them within easy reach of their beds. The cards we all make and give to others have a large impact on lives. Don’t forget to mail the cards you make and put a smile in someone’s heart.
Let’s Get Started
- Stamp the Moose from the All Bundled Up stamp set in Black Memento Ink centered on the White Cardstock. I used the following Stampin’ Blends to color the Moose: both light & dark of Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Gray Granite, Pumpkin Pie, Black and light skin tone for the inside of ear. Use your Gray Granite to ground the moose so he’s not standing on air. I did this by making some dots and side strokes near his hoofs.
- Using the 4th largest Deckled Rectangle Die cut out Moose (it just fits on the size dimensions I gave to cut out). While you’re at the Cut & Emboss Machine cut out the other piece of White Cardstock and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock with the same die. With the largest Deckled Rectangle Die cut out both pieces of the Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper.
- Emboss the Pumpkin Pie Panel with the 3D Timeworn Embossing Folder.
- Fold your Black Card Base in half on the Score Line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Adhere one piece of the Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper to the Card Front and one to the inside of the card.
- With your favorite adhesive adhere the Pumpkin Pie panel to the left side of Card Front at an angle. Adhere the Moose White Cardstock panel to the right side of Card Front at an angle covering part of the pumpkin pie cardstock.
- Heat Emboss you Greeting from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set in White Embossing Powder onto Black Cardstock. Cut out with the Coordinating Sentiments Silhouette Dies and attached to Card Front with Mini Dimensionals at an angle.
- Add Embellishments to Card Front. I used the long ago retired Candy Dots.
- Stamp your Saying on the White Cardstock you cut out in Step 2 in Pumpkin Pie Ink. Adhere to card inside.
- I cut the number 11 out of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock with the retired number dies from Stampin’ Up! I then embossed them with the Timeworn 3D Embossing Folder then adhered them to card inside with Glue Dots.
- Measure your Envelope Flap then cut a piece of Gingham Designer Series Paper. Using Liquid Glue adhere the Gingham Designer Series Paper to Envelope Flap and trim off excess.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
Card Recipe for All Bundled Up Happy Birthday Card
- Basic Black: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” This is your card base, Scrap for greeting
- Basic White: (2) 2-3/4” x 4” one for front the other for card inside
- Pumpkin Pie: 2-3/4” x 4”
- Gingham Cottage DSP: (2)4” x 5-1/4” one each for card front & card inside
- Stamps: All Bundled Up, Charming Sentiments
- Dies: Deckled Rectangle Dies, Sentiments Silhouette Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, Pumpkin Pie, Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper
- Stampin Pads: Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
- Embellishments: Candy Dots (retired)
- Others: Stampin Emboss Powders – Basics (Black, Clear & White), Timeworn 3D Embossing Folder
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Heat Tool, Paper Snip Scissors
CURRENT HOST CODE FOR REWARD POINTS
When placing an order please use the current Host Code and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
WEEKLY DEALS FROM STAMPIN’ UP!
SEPTEMBER 1 – 28TH
Every week in the month of September we’re offering a selection of discounted products. Discounts and product selection will vary from week to week.
- New products added each week on 1, 8, 15, and 22 September
- Promotion ends 28 September.
- Product options and discounts vary based on inventory availability.
- All order types qualify for this promotion (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online).
- Discounted items can be added to a Starter Kit.
- Get the most up-to-date product information on the online store beginning 1 September.