Last Chance Stamps & Specialty Paper
I wanted to make one more card with the Peaceful Cabin stamp bundler and the Cork specialty paper before it went away January 3rd, 2022. That’s when the July to December mini catalog goes away. Stamping on cork can be challenging is you’re in a hurry. I used my Stamparatus to do the stamping as it holds the paper in place so I can re-stamp the image until the shade is just right. The magnets are strong enough to hold the paper in place, which is needed as the cork absorbs lots of ink. I used the masking technique to stamp the trees in a differ color ink after stamping the cabin. The process is explained in the instructions below. I hope you like this card. This stamp set makes excellent masculine cards. I could had easily used a “thank you” stamp instead of a birthday stamp. Happy Stamping!
Peaceful Cabin Masculine Birthday Card Instructions
- Emboss your 5-1/4″x 4″ In Good Taste DSP with the Bark Embossing Folder.
- Attached the embossed DSP to your card base which is your 8-1/2”x 5-1/2” Early Espresso card stock, scored at 4-1/4”, fold in half.
- Cut a piece of cork paper using the 2nd largest Scalloped Contours dies.
- Stamp the cork with the cabin stamp from Peaceful Cabins Stamp set in Early Espresso Ink. When stamping on cork you will need to reink the stamp 2 or 3 times to get a clear, darker image (Cork absorbs the ink), using the Stamparatus. Cut a mask using your Peaceful Cabins Dies and place it over the stamped cabin imagine. Using the tree stamp and Evening Evergreen Ink stamp the trees over the cabins and your mask will protect the cabin imagine from getting inked. Your mask can be regular masking materials which you can purchase on Amazon or use paper, such as Post It Notes, with removable double sided tape placed on the underside of your cut mask. I did let the ink dry real good after stamping the cabin and before stamping the trees.
- Adhere the cork stamped paper to Early Espresso paper and attach it to your In Good Taste DSP on your card base.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday”, this one is from the Art Gallery stamp set and Cut with a die from the Floral Gallery Dies. Sponge edges using a sponge dauber and Early Espresso ink. Adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Inside: 5-1/4”x 4” Very Vanilla with a tree stamped from the Peaceful Cabin stamp set in Evening Evergreen Ink. Another suggestions is a 4″ x 3/4″ piece of In Good Taste DSP on the left hand side.https://www.stampinup.com/products/cabin-dies?demoid=2152852
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Early Espresso –5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base scored at 4-1/4″, 4-5/8″ x 3-3/8″
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Cork Specialty Paper – 4-5/8″ x 3-3/8″ , Scallop Contour Dies
- Very Vanilla – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card), Scrapes for saying