Seaside Bay Sympathy Card
Do you enjoy the ocean and searching for seashells? Then you’ll love the Stampin’ Up! Seaside Bay Suite. The By The Bay Designer Series Paper is gorgeous and the stamps are fun. This is another of my top five picks from the January to April Mini Catalog. The stamp set and dies are being carried over to the new Annual Catalog in May 2nd and the paper is still available with a discounted price.
Since I’m running low on sympathy cards that’s what I made today. I did use the retired Hold on to Hope stamp set for my greeting and saying. I like the verse I used for a sympathy card.
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making and sharing it with you.
Let’s Get Started
- Cut all your papers according to the sizes listed below under “Cardstock”.
- Fold your Thick Basic White in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Stamp the seashell/sand stamp in Sahara Sand Ink on the bottom of the By The Bay Designer Series Papers then adhere to the Mint Macaron Cardstock panel with your favorite adhesive. Now adhere to card base.
- Stamp your saying on the bottom right side in Night of Navy Ink.
- Using scrap White Cardstock stamp the oyster shell and conch shell in Petal Pink Ink. Stamp the round snail shell in Sahara Sand Ink. Cut out with the coordinating dies from the Seaside Bay Dies.
- Cut about 6 pieces of sea grass in both sizes out of Designer Series Paper. Arrange how you want them to look and adhere with 2 glue dots for each piece.
- Use Dimensionals to adhere Oyster Shell over the sea grass. Attach the conch shell with Seal and the snail like shell with a Glue Dot.
- In the oyster shell put a Flat Adhesive-Backed Pearl in the middle of the bottom of shell. Add 3 Balmy Blue Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins to card front.
- For the inside I stamped the seashell/sand stamp in Sahara Sand Ink along the bottom of the White Cardstock panel. Stamp the bird in Night of Navy Ink. Stamp the saying in Night of Navy Ink. Adhere the White Cardstock to the panel of Mint Macaron and adhere to card inside.
- The envelope was completed with a piece of By The Bay Designer Series Paper added to envelope flap.
Card Recipe for the Seaside Bay Sympathy Card
- Basic White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base)
- Mint Macaron: 3-7/8” x 4-1/8” (card front), 4” x 5-1/4” (inside)
- Basic White: Scraps for stamping, 3-3/4” x 5” (inside)
- By The Bay Designer Series Paper: 3-3/4” x 4” (card front), 6” x 2-1/4” (envelope flap)
- Stamps: Seaside Bay, Hold on to Hope (retired)
- Dies: Seaside Bay Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Mint Macaron, Basic White, By the Bay
- Stampin Pads: Night of Navy, Petal Pink, Sahara Sand
- Embellishments: Flat Adhesive Backed Flat Pearls, Adhesive Back Sequins
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
Bonnie-Lynn’s FREE PDF in April 2023
When you purchase your Stampin’ Up! merchandise from my Online Store and use the monthly Host Code, QJPCBZGY, you will receive the PDF for these 4 cards featuring Two-Tone Flora Bundle and Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper. Three of the cards are fun folds. There is also a video in the works showing you how to make the cards. I also show you how to stamp the two step stamps for this set.
This is a wonderful stamp set and is being carried over to the annual catalogue. The bundle price does end on May 1st. so if you order it this month you save 10%. The designer series paper retires the end of April or while supplies last. The two cards with designer series paper where designed to easily use any DSP.