Kindest Gnomes Gatefold Card & Video
The Stampin’ Up! Kindest Gnomes are adorable characters. The one looked so cute on the band to this Kindest Gnomes Gatefold Card, who can resist such an adorable card. I would have to think that the person who receives this Christmas Card will know how special they are to you. I’ve made lots of standard Gatefold cards in the past but never a double fold one like this. It’s fun to see what you have pictured in your mind actually come to life and you like the way it turned out. It’s also nice that Stampin’ Up! makes Designer Series Paper that you can out with coordinating dies. The Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer also has a score blade on it or you can use a Score Board for all the scoring on this card. I hope you enjoy this card and video.
Let’s Get Started with the Kindest Gnomes Gatefold Card
- Starting with the Balmy Blue Card Base, score at 1-1/4”, 3-7/8”, 7-5/8” & 9-3/4”. (If you don’t have the tools to score past 6” then turn the card around after the first 2 scores and score again at 1-1/4” and 3-7/8”.) Fold the two inner score lines inward and the two outer score lines outwards.
- Adhere the 4 pieces of Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper to the 4 corresponding Night of Navy pieces. Fold the Card Base so it is closed. The two smallest pieces will go on the end edges of the Card Base that meet in the center of the card. The two larger pieces will go on the outside edges so they show under the ones you just put on. You should be able to see all 4 pieces with the Card Front closed.
- Stamp your Saying in Night of Navy Ink on the Basic White Cardstock panel. Stamp one of the Gnomes on the lower right corner of the panel in Poppy Parade Ink or cut one out of DSP and using Liquid Glue adhere it to lower right corner. Attached the White Cardstock to the Night of Navy Cardstock panel then adhere to inside of Card Base.
- For the band that goes around the card use Liquid Glue to adhere the 7/8” x 11” Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper to the Night of Navy Cardstock. Score at 3” & 7-3/8” with the valley on top of the designer series paper. (for at tighter band make the second score at 7-5/16”).
- Stamp front Greeting onto the 3” x 1-1/2” White Cardstock in Night of Navy Ink. Center the smallest Scalloped Contour Die around your stamp and cut out.
- Cut out one of the Gnomes from the Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper using the coordinating Gnome Die, also cut a blank one out of White Cardstock. Use Liquid Glue to adhere the White Gnome to the back of the one cut out of the Designer Series Paper. This will make it stronger.
- Add 3 of the Fine Sparkle Adhesive Backed Gems under the “Warm Wishes” Greeting.
- Wrap the Band around the card and either use Liquid Glue or Tear-N-Tape to join the ends together. Use Tape to adhere your Greeting. Now add a little bit of glue to bland end of greeting or you can use a couple Mini Glue Dots and adhere the Gnome to it. Slip the Band around the closed Card.
- Don’t forget to stamp the back of the card with one of the Special Stamps from the Limited-Edition Stamp Set or with a personalized Stamp if you have one. The receiver of the card then knows it was made specially for them.
- Stamp the bottom left corner of the envelope with one of the Gnomes in Poppy Parade Ink. You might also want to add a piece of Designer Series Paper to back of the Envelope Flap.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s Christmas.
- Balmy Blue: 11” x 5-1/2”, scored at 1-1/4”, 3-3/8”, 7-5/8” & 9-3/4”. This is your card base
- Night of Navy: (2) 1-1/8” x 5-3/8”, (2) 2” x 5-3/8”, 4-1/16” x 5-5/16” (for card inside), 1” x 11” (band)
- Basic White: 3-7/8” x 5-1/8” card inside
- Storybook Gnomes DSP: (2) 1” x 5-1/4”, (2) 1-7/8” x 5-1/4”, 7/8” x 11”
- Stamps: Kindest Gnomes
- Dies: Gnome Dies, Scalloped Contours
- Cardstock/Paper: Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Basic White, Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper
- Stampin Pads: Night of Navy, Poppy Parade
- Embellishments: Fine Sparkle Adhesive Backed Gems
- Adhesives: Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Score Board
CURRENT HOST CODE
When placing an order please use the current Host Code and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
WEEKLY DEALS FROM STAMPIN’ UP!
SEPTEMBER 1 – 28TH
Every week in the month of September we’re offering a selection of discounted products. Discounts and product selection will vary from week to week.
- New products added each week on 1, 8, 15, and 22 September
- Promotion ends 28 September.
- Product options and discounts vary based on inventory availability.
- All order types qualify for this promotion (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online).
- Discounted items can be added to a Starter Kit.
- Get the most up-to-date product information on the online store beginning 1 September.