WOW! A Gorgeous Hand-Penned Petals Pop Out Card
You get a 2 for 1 this week. I was wanting to do a card using the Blessings of Home Bundle. The I came across this pop-out card on Pinterest and then I saw another one like it done by Stamping with Linda. The second one was done using the Hand-Penned Bundle. The two stamp sets are a lot alike so I decided to make 2 cards, one from each set. I used the same colors on each one. Do you have a favorite?
The card is fairly easy to make, just lots of cutting. After doing your cutting I would watch the video to see how to assemble the card as I found it difficult to write them out. The card picture actually shows the placement really well. Click on the picture above to be taken to YouTube to the video directions for this card.
The directions are for the Hand-Penned Petals as that’s what I used in the video. Both cards are made exactly the same way, with the same papers and the same color Stampin Blends. There are 2 minor differences. On the Blessings of Home card I also used So Saffron Stamping Blends in addition to the other Stamping Blends listed below. I also used the Genial Gems on this card. Which one do you like the most? Please let me know.
Let’s Get Started
- Cut your Cardstock and Designer Series Paper (DSP) according to instructions listed below.
- Your card base is 5-1/2” x 12”, score at 2”, 4”, 6” and 8”.
- Using your Stampin Trimmer, measure the paper at 1-1/4” from the bottom and cut between the 2” to 6” score line. Then measure down from the top and cut between the 2” to 6” score lines.
- Fold on the score lines and burnish with Bone Folder. Remember to fold as the card closes.
- Adhere your DSP 1-5/8” x 5-1/8” (long pieces) to the corresponding Misty Moonlight Cardstock with the flowers showing.
- Adhere the remaining 4 pieces 1-5/8” x 7/8” (small pieces) and 1-5/8” x 2-5/8” (medium pieces) of DSP to Corresponding Misty Moonlight Cardstock with the Highland Heather side showing.
- Adhere the long pieces to the first and fourth sections of card base.
- Adhere medium piece to the middle part of sections 2 and 3.
- Adhere the small pieces to the top and bottom of sections 2 and 3.
- Adhere Misty Moonlight 3-3/4” x 5-1/4” to last section of card base.
- Using the 4-3/8” x 6-1/2” Basic White cardstock, fold on the 3-1/4” score line and burnish with Bone Folder. This is the note card.
- Stamp greeting on the inside on the right side. Adhere this to the Misty Moonlight of the last section of card base.
- Adhere the 3-1/8” x 4-1/4” Misty Moonlight onto the note card.
- Emboss the Highland Heather using the 3D Painters Texture Embossing Folder and adhere to the Misty Moonlight.
- Stamp 2 flowers with stem on Basic White and 1 of the larger flowers on Basic White with Black Memento Ink. Color all 3 images. I colored the leaves first with Soft Succulent and Mint Macaroon Stampin Blends. The flowers I used the Highland Heather Stampin Blends, Daffodil Delights and on the Blessings of Home flowers I also used So Saffron Stampin Blends.
- Cut flowers out with Die Cuts and adhere to card with Dimensionals.
- Add gems as desired to flowers or DSP around the flowers.
- Add Wink of Stella to some of your flowers.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Basic White: 5-1/2” x 12” scored at 2″, 4″, 6″ & 8″, 4-3/8″ x 6-1/2″ scored at 3-1/4″
- Misty Moonlight: 4 pieces 1-3/4″ x 1″, 2 pieces 1-3/4″ x 5-1/4″, 2 pieces 1-3/4″ x 2-3/4″, 1 piece 3-3/4″ x 5-1/4″, 1 piece 3-1/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Highland Heather: 3″ x 4-1/8″
- DSP: 4 pieces 1-5/8″ x 7/8″, 2 pieces 1-5/8″ x 5-1/8″, 2 pieces 1-5/8″ x 2-5/8″
- Stamps: Hand-Penned Petals or Blessings of Home
- Dies: Penned Flower dies or Flowers of Home Dies
- Embossing Folder: Painted Textures 3D
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White, Misty Moonlight, Highland Heather. Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Stampin Pads: Misty Moonlight, Highland Heather, Memento Black Ink
- Stampin Blends: Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight, Mint Macaron, Soft Succulent (dark only) and So Saffron
- Embellishments: Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels or Genial Gems, Wink of Stella
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick, Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
February Host Code: DHDUWRSM
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards.*****
SALE a-bration Going on Now!
The January-February Sale-a-bration event from Stampin’ Up! is going on now. There are some awesome new products that you can earn for FREE with orders of $50+ and orders of $100+ placed between January 4 and February 28.
- Spend $50 or more and pick from 7 new products (4 stamp sets and 3 paper packs!) that are available as free items!
- Spend $100 or more and pick from 2 new items (1 stamp set and paper bundle and 1 stamp set) that are available as free items!
- Let me know if you have questions about how SALE-a-bration works.
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. To shop with me just click on the link to go to my Stampin’ Up! Store here: https://bonnielenke.stampinup.net/
- There is a new host exclusive stamp set, Calming Camellia, that will be available for FREE with either a personal order of $300 plus or a party with sales totaling $300 plus.
- Drop me an email at Bonnie@bonniestamps.com if you’re interested in setting up a personal host code for you and your friends to see if you can collect orders to reach the $300 point to get that free stamp set.
- There is an AWESOME joining promotion happening! If you purchase the Starter Kit between January 4 and February 28, you’ll get to pick a TWO FREE stamp sets with your Starter Kit!! All stamp sets except for host exclusive and Sale-a-bration stamp sets are can be picked as your free sets!!
- When you purchase the Starter Kit for $99 + taxes (if applicable) before the end of Sale-a-bration, the kit ships for FREE and you get to pick $125 in Stampin’ Up! merchandise and you’ll get TWO additional FREE stamp sets with your kit! Yay!! Two free stamp sets in addition to $125 in merchandise for $99, yes please!
- If you have any questions about joining, please drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, I would be happy to talk with you. You can also see additional information on my blog at https://bonnielenke.stampinup.net/join_now