Daffodil Daydream Easter Card & Video
Stampin’ Up! Daffodil Daydream and Springtime are meant for each other in this Beautiful Easter card. You’ll need to view the video to see how I used wax paper, embossing folder and an iron to create this unique background. Then after you finish with your background I show you how to color on vellum with Alcohol Markers/Stampin Blends.
The embossing folder used for this card is one of a set of three Basic 3D Embossing Folders that is an online exclusive.
These techniques will work with any number of stamp sets and embossing folders. Play around with different looks and designs while having fun. This is a hard card to write directions for. I highly suggest watching the video.
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making and sharing it with you.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold your Daffodil Delight 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” cardstock in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Cut a 5” x 6” piece of wax paper in the Embossing Folder. Emboss using a Cut & Emboss machine. Remove the wax paper and place between two 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” pieces of Basic White Cardstock. Insert into a folded piece of copy paper. With you iron on a medium setting iron the copy paper for about 7 to 10 seconds (no longer). You’re melting the emboss designed onto each piece of cardstock. Make sure you remember what sides of the cardstock was against the wax paper as you cannot see the design.
- Using your Blending Brush and Daffodil Delight Ink, ink the side of the cardstock that was against the wax paper till it’s the color you like. (Note – there will be an embossed design on the front cardstock and the debased design on the back cardstock). The design will pop as you apply the ink. Trim down to 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”, adhere your background piece onto your card base.
- Using the 2nd largest Scalloped Contour, die cut out the 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” White cardstock and adhere to card front. Set aside for now.
- Stamp both flower stamps from the Daffodil Daydream stamp set onto a piece of Vellum with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder.
- Turn the the Vellum over so that the back side is facing up. Using either Granny Apple Green dark or Parakeet Party dark Stampin’ Blends, color the leaves. Add layers of ink till you have the desired shades (turn over to check color from the front). Next use the dark Daffodil Delight to color the back side of the flowers (Highland Heather dark was used for the Highland Heather card). Cut out with the coordinating Daffodil Dies. Adhere to card front using Seal, Tear & Tape or Glue Dots.
- Stamp the “Easter Blessings” greeting in Daffodil Delight Ink onto Basic White Cardstock. Cut out with rectangle Mini Pocket Envelope Die. Use a Dauber and Daffodil Delight Ink to edge the sides of greeting with ink. Adhere to card front with Dimensionals. This greeting was heat embossed on the Highland Heather card.
- Add 3 Brushed Brass Butterflies to card front around the flowers.
- Color a 13” piece of the 1/4” Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon with a light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend. Tie ribbon into a double bow and attached to flower stems with a Glue Dot.
- For the card inside stamp “Jesus” from the “Rejoice in Him” stamp set in Sahara Sand Ink onto White Cardstock after stamping off once. Stamp the saying in Mango Melody Ink slightly over the bottom of the image. Stamp the palm leaf in Granny Apple Green Ink. Adhere to card inside.
- The Envelope is completed with the palm leaf stamped in Granny Apple Green in the bottom left front corner.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day. Don’t forget to give it to someone.
- Daffodil Delight: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base)
- Basic White: (2) 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” (background), 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” (die cut), 2-1/2” x 1-1/2” (greeting), 4” x 5-1/4” (inside)
- Stamps: Daffodil Daydream, Rejoice in Him
- Dies: Daffodil Dies, Scalloped Contours, Mini Pocket Envelope Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic White, Vellum
- Stampin Pads: Daffodil Delight, Sahara Sand, Granny Apple Green, VersaMark
- Stampin’ Blends: Daffodil Delight Dark, Granny Apple Green Dark, Parakeet Party Dark
- Heat Embossing: Basic Embossing Powder, Embossing Tool Additions Kit, Heat Tool
- Embellishments: Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Ribbon: 1/4” Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon
- Embossing Folder: Basic 3D Embossing Folders
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side of webpage midway down.
Exciting news is coming from Stampin’ Up on March 29th. That is the date they are releasing which of the existing colors are being retired. Since Pretty Peacock and Lost Lagoon are showcased in the new Hello Irresistible Designer Series Paper there is speculation that they’ll be coming back in the color Revamp Stampin’ Up is doing. So check your email on the 29th in the afternoon to see what’s retiring.
Now is the time to make sure you have ink refills and any cardstock you want more of before it’s gone. I do know that the Fresh Freesia Ink Pads are completely sold out. Since that is an In Color that ends this April it will not be available again. Retiring colors are always limited to stock on hand just before the new catalogue comes out.
Also, don’t forget to check out the New Online Exclusives that are available on Stampinup.com. We don’t know how long these items will be available for and they will not appear in any catalogue. There are some really interesting items to select from.