Apple Harvest Feel Better Card With Video Tutorial
Today I’m sharing with you my Stampin’ Up Apple Harvest card & Video. Who doesn’t love a good apple, especially one colored with alcohol inks. I happened to look under clearance and saw that the Apple Blossoms Dies are listed there at 60% off. The dies were brought on for a limited time only last year and that’s why they’re on clearance. It’s a 25 piece die set with flowers and leaves pieces. What a bargain.
In the video I show you how to colored the Apple Harvest apples and leaves with Stampin’ Blends. To create a darker red, I show you how to use a Balmy Blue Blend to do so. This technique was taught to me a few years ago and it’s great for shading too.
Instructions for Apple Harvest Card & Video
- Fold Thick Basic White Cardstock in half on the score line, burnish with Bone Folder.
- Emboss Black Cardstock with the Crosshatch Design 3D Basics Embossing Folder. Adhere to card base.
- Die cut the Lemon Lime (Brights) designer series paper strip with the scallop die from the Apple Blossom Dies, placing it close to edge. Adhere to card front.
- Die cut the white panel with the 2nd largest Scalloped Contour Die. Stamp greeting in Black Memento Ink at top and adhere to card front with Dimensionals.
- Stamp the large apple stamp in Memento Black Ink on White Cardstock. Color with Stampin’ Blends as shown in video. Die cut out with coordinating die. Adhere to card front on the scallop panel with Dimensionals.
- Tie a double bow with the Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon from the Ribbon Duo Combo Pack. Adhere to top of apple with a Glue Dot.
- Add Brushed Brass Butterflies to card front.
- For the inside I stamped the single apple in Black Memento Ink at the bottom of the White Cardstock and colored with Stampin’ Blends. Adhere this panel to Black Cardstock panel and adhere to card inside.
- The envelope was finished with a piece of the same DSP as used on the card front glued to envelope flap.
Card Recipe for Apple Harvest Card & Video
- Basic White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base)
- Black: 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” (card front), 4” x 5-1/4” (inside)
- White: 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” (for scallop), 3-3/4” x 5” (inside)
- Designer Series Paper: 1-3/4” x 5-3/8” (card front), piece for envelope flap
- Stamps: Apple Harvest
- Dies: Apple Blossoms, Scalloped Contours
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Black, Brights Designer Series Paper
- Stampin Pads: Memento Black
- Stampin’ Blends: Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Pecan Pie, Light Lemon Lime Twist, Light Balmy Blue, Cherry Cobbler
- Embellishments: Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Ribbon: Ribbon Duo Combo Pack
- Embossing Folder: Basics 3D Embossing Folders
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Blocks (D, E & H), Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side near the top
December 2023 Paper Pumpkin Kit!
Send a wish to all your loved ones with the December Paper Pumpkin Kit! It comes with nine card fronts, three each of three designs, and nine coordinating envelopes. It has paper pieces detailed with gold foil, embellishments, an all-occasion stamp set, and an acetate box where you can store your finished cards! You can gift the kit itself or the finished product in the acetate box; either way, it’s the perfect last minute gift for any occasion.
The All the Best Paper Pumpkin Kit comes with an acetate box that fits your finished cards and envelopes! This makes easy storage of a finished product or allows you to gift your cards to someone. The kit also comes with a belly-band, so you can add your own personal touch to the box. Subscribe by 10 December to make a handmade gift for those you love.
GOLD FOIL DETAILS
The paper pieces in the December Paper Pumpkin kit have gold foil detailing. Whether it’s an elegant boarder, or woven into the floral artwork, it’s a detail that will surely catch your recipient’s eye! It’s the perfect way to take any paper craft to the next level.
HAND DRAWN ARTWORK
The beauty of the December Paper Pumpkin Kit lies in the hand drawn artwork. The bright blue skies and elegant yellow flowers compliment the different design elements perfectly. It’s a simple yet sophistacted design that will catch any recipient’s eye!
Paper Pumpkin is our monthly One-Stop Box™ that offers a unique variety of paper projects for subscribers of any skill level to enjoy! These thoughtfully-themed and all-inclusive craft kits encourage Stampin’ Up! customers to explore their creativity, try new techniques, and discover their potential in papercrafting.
ABOUT THE All The Best Kit
Kit Name: Warm Wishes
This kit includes:
- 9 cards; 3 each of 3 designs.
- 9 coordinating envelopes.
- 1 Acetate box to fit cards and envelopes from the kit.
- 1 Pebbled Path Stampin’ Spot.
- 1 photopolymer stamp set.
- Specialty gold foil die cuts.
- Enough adhesive to finish the project.
- Finished card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Crushed Curry, gold foil, Old Olive, Pebbled Path
WHAT IS PAPER PUMPKIN
A MONTHLY CRAFTING SUBSCRIPTION
If you’re looking for a fun and simple creative outlet paper crafting might be your best option! It’s fun, creative, and handmade projects bring joy to you and to others. And nothing makes paper crafting as fun, easy, and creative as Paper Pumpkin!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN A CRAFT BOX
One issue crafters often run into is feeling overwhelmed by their project. Lack of inspiration, proper supplies and crafty know-how might discourage you from even starting a project and unlocking your creative potential!
This never happens with a craft subscription box from Paper Pumpkin. That’s because everything you need for your project is included in your monthly art box. All you have to do is open it up and get started. You’ll be able to make cards, treat bags, gift boxes and so much more with your monthly art box subscription.
BUILD YOUR STAMP COLLECTION
Among the items in each Paper Pumpkin monthly craft kit is a reusable rubber stamp. So after you’re done creating your monthly craft, you’ll have a valuable stamp to add to your collection. You even get a free clear stamping block with your first craft box. Plus, you get a different color ink pad every month as well.
PRINT & VIDEO INSTRUCTION MAKE CRAFTING EASY
Even the craftiest among us worry that we’ll have trouble understanding how to do a project, or that we’ll make a mistake. You never have to worry about that with Paper Pumpkin! That’s because not only does each monthly arts and crafts box come with clear, easy-to-understand printed instructions, but we also upload a video to YouTube so you can watch a professional guide you through the craft.
KIDS CAN HELP WITH MONTHLY CRAFT KITS
Although Paper Pumpkin makes craft boxes for adults, they can be fun for the whole family! Use your monthly craft box subscription to introduce your kids to a fun and creative outlet. It’s truly a gift to instill a love of crafting and creativity in kids. You’ll be thrilled to see how their skills grow over time. One day your kids might have their own monthly craft subscription box!
GET STARTED WITH YOUR MONTHLY CRAFT BOX NOW
Paper Pumpkin is known for having some of the best art subscription boxes available. Subscribe today and see for yourself!