Oceanfront and Seaside Bay
The Oceanfront and Seaside Bay Card is perfect for summertime. My inspiration for this card was the Oregon Coast, which is beautiful at anytime of year. Also used, was the Waves Dies for the birds. The scene creation is totally done by stamping. So grab your Oceanfront stamp set, ink pads and white cardstock and let’s have some fun. Happy Stamping!
Card Directions Oceanfront and Seaside Bay Card
- Fold the Coastal Cabana Cardstock on the score line, burnish with Bone Folder.
- Die Cut the Bright Coastal Cabana Designer Series Paper with the largest Deckled Rectangle, adhere to card front at an angle.
- Use the 2nd largest Deckled Rectangle to die cut White Cardstock.
- Stamp the sky stamp in Balmy Blue Ink (hint: don’t press too hard if ink pad is juicy).
- Stamp the ocean (largest of the two angled stamp) by inking stamp in Coastal Cabana then ink once in Tahitian Tide Ink, stamp adjacent to sky.
- For the sand, use the smaller of the two angled stamps, inked in Crumb Cake and stamp off once before stamping adjacent to ocean. Repeat this about 3 or 4 times till you get the amount of sand wanted down to bottom.
- From the Seaside Bay stamp set, stamp the shells in full strength Crumb Cake Ink over the bottom area of sand. Stamp the 3 birds stamp in Starry Sky Ink. Stamp the small grass from Oceanfront in Old Olive Ink on both sides of card near the water. Adhere your stamped scene to card front at an angle.
- Using the smallest Deckled Rectangle die cut out of White Cardstock. Stamp greeting from Seaside Bay in Gray Granite Ink near the top of die cut. Now use a larger deckled rectangle die to die cut the excess white cardstock below greeting off. Adhere to card front with Dimensionals.
- Add Adhesive Sheet to back of Black Cardstock then die cut 3 birds out using the Wave Dies. Adhere to card front.
- Using Gray Granite Cardstock cut out both fence pieces using the Horizon Dies. Use scissors to cut off slate(s) of fence from each piece (cut from the taller end). Use small strips of Dimensionals to adhere to card front. Note – It wasn’t until I was adding the merchandise to post on website that I realized that the Horizon Dies are now retired. I’m sorry for not knowing that when I made the card.
- The inside was completed by stamping the shells in Crumb Ink at the bottom. Use the dotted sand stamp from Seaside Bay for the sand. Stamp the birds in Starry Sky Ink. Stamp the same scene on the Envelope Flap. (Stamp shells and sand before stamping the birds).
Card Recipe Oceanfront and Seaside Bay Card
Cardstock Cutting Directions:
- Coastal Cabana: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base)
- Basic White: 3-3/4” x 5” (card front), 5-1/4” x 4” (inside), 1-1/4” x 2-3/4” (greeting)
- Gray Granite: 2” x 4-1/2” (fence)
- Black: 1-1/2” x 2” (birds)
- Brights Designer Series Paper: 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” (card front)
- Stamps: Oceanfront, Seaside Bay
- Dies: Horizon Dies (retired), Wave Dies, Deckled Rectangles
- Cardstock/Paper: Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Black, Gray Granite, Brights Designer Series paper
- Stampin Pads: Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana, Tahitian Tide, Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie, Starry Sky
- Embellishments: Pebbles Enamel Shapes (retired, used in card done on video)
- Adhesives: Adhesive Sheets, Dimensionals, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side near the top