Sweet Songbird – A Little Bird Told Me…
Today I’m sharing Stampin’ Up’s Sweet Songbird Bundle with you. This bird is so cute and happy looking, it can’t help but put a smile on your face. The stamps are photopolymer and for best quality I suggest using the Stampin’ Piece Matt to stamp on. Just put your paper on top of the matt, ink your stamp and stamp. The leaf stamp is one stamp for both grouping of leaves so you get a perfect positioning each time you them. For convenience you might want to stamp your card inside and envelope and the same time you’re stamping your background piece.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold your card base in half on the score line and burnish with your bone folder.
- Adhere the 2022 – 2024 In Color Designer Series Paper to Card Base Front.
- With the next to largest Scalloped Contour Die cut out the White Cardstock.
- Using a Blending Brush lightly apply Tahitian Tide or Balmy Blue ink to White Scallop cut out. This is your Background.
- Stamp the branch from the Sweet Songbird Stamp Set in Crumb Cake Ink twice on the Background. Add your leaves in Parakeet Party Ink.
- Now stamp the larger of the 2 Birds in Sweet Sorbet on a piece of Basic White Cardstock and punch out with the Songbird Builder Punch. Stamp the wing in Sweet Sorbet Ink and punch out with the punch. Adhere with a glue dot to the bird body. Stamp the eyes on the bird in Early Espresso Ink.
- Punch a beak out of Daffodil Delight Cardstock with the Songbird Builder Punch. Adhere to bird with glue.
- Decide where you want the bird to be and then stamp the feet in Daffodil Delight Ink so it’s standing on the branch. Adhere the bird with Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting in Early Espresso Ink on the Background either under the branch on the right side or maybe above the branch.
- Grab the little flower stamp and the Tahitian Tide Ink and stamp the flower around the leaves on both branches.
- Adhere the Background to the card front with Dimensionals
- Add three 2022 – 2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots to card front.
- For the inside of the card stamp a sentiment in Early Espresso Ink onto the piece of Basic White Cardstock. Now stamp the branch, leaves and flowers like you did for the card front at the bottom on this panel. Stamp the smaller of the two birds in Sweet Sorbet so he’s sitting on the branch (no legs this time), also stamp the wing. Stamp the eyes in Early Espresso and the beak in Daffodil Delight onto the bird. Adhere this panel to inside of the card.
- Stamp the bird, eyes, beak and wing in the appropriate colors onto the bottom left side of the envelope.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Tahitian Tide: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” on long side for Card Base
- Basic White: 3-1/4” x 4-3/4”, 4” x 5-1/4” (inside), scrap
- DSP: In Color 2022 – 2024 Designer Series Paper 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Stamps: Sweet Songbird
- Dies: Scalloped Contour Dies
- Punches: Songbird Builder Punch
- Cardstock/Paper: Tahitian Tide, Basic White & 2022 – 2024 In Color Designer Series Paper
- Stampin Pads: Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party, Sweet Sorbet, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
- Embellishments: 2022 – 2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors, Stampin Pierce Mat
PICK OF THE CROP – JUNE’S PAPER PUMPKIN
Give your card collection a reFRESH with this month’s Paper Pumpkin Kit! We’re talking FRESH ideas, designs, cards, and crafts. Each month we strive to deliver a seasonal selection, and this month is no different. It’s time to express your love, gratitude, and style with summer’s hottest trends in crafting.
Plus, this month you can purchase additional mini canvas shopping bags for a fun twist on card packaging. Just our way of expanding one of our favorite kits of the season!
ABOUT THE KIT
Name: Pick of the Crop
This kit includes:
- This month’s kit contains enough elements to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, adhesive, and more!
- The Pick of the Crop Paper Pumpkin Kit includes a Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Spot!
Current Host Code: RFJD73VA
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****