Catch You Later with Paradise Palms & Video
There is nothing cuter than animals to make a card with. The monkeys in the Catch You Later Stamp Set from the January to June Mini Catalog are no exception. They retire the end of June while supplies last. Since I don’t yet have the Natural Tone Stampin’ Blends, I used Copics to color the catch you later monkeys. The Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper was perfect for the background and the Paradise Palms Bundle was perfect for the monkeys to swing around in. Besides Monkeys in this stamp set, there is a Cat eyeing a goldfish and then a mother Quail with a baby quail. After I was done with the video I realized I forgot to stamp the greeting on the card front in the video so I added it after the fact. I also did another one of the grass cut outs with the Stampin’ Blends and added to the bottom of the card front.
Let’s Get Started
- Stamp Monkeys from the Catch You Later Stamp Set in Black Memento Ink on Basic White Cardstock or your favorite paper for coloring with Alcohol Markers. Color the monkeys and vine with the Natural Tones and Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends with Old Olive for the vine, or use your favorite Alcohol Markers or color pencils. Fussy cut out the monkeys and vine.
- Stamp the 2 Tree Trunks for the Paradise Palms Stamp Bundle in Soft Suede Ink on White Cardstock. Stamp the 2 Palm Branches Tree Tops by inking each stamp with Parakeet Party then using either the Old Olive Stampin’ Writer Pen or a dauber and ink pad, add Old Olive Ink to the stamps for a two-tone color look. Cut the Tree Trunks and the Palm Tops out with their coordinating dies.
- Emboss the larger Old Olive panel with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder.
- Using White Cardstock and the Grass die from the Palm Dies, cut out one white piece. Use your Old Olive and Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends color this piece by making quick upward stokes. Afterwards use the Grass Stamp and Old Olive Ink stamp all over the Alcohol Ink.
- With the Grass Stamp and Old Olive Ink stamp grass at the bottom of the Hues of Happiness panel. I added 2 to 3 rows overlapping each other.
- Stamp the Sun in Daffodil Delight Ink onto the Hues of Happiness panel.
- Using the sentiment “Hey There” Stamp it in Early Espresso Ink in the upper left hand corner of the Hues of Happiness DSP.
- Fold Basic White Card Base in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Adhere Embossed Fern Old Olive panel to Card Base.
- Adhere the Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper to Card Front.
- Use Liquid Glue to adhere the first Tree Trunk to Card Front. Now adhere the monkeys gluing only the vine to Card Front. Decide where you want the other Tree Trunk and attach it to Card Front using Liquid Glue.
- Attach the Palm Tree Tops to cover top of tree trunks with Glue Dots. Adhere the Grass piece with Glue Dots so the cover the bottom of the Tree Trunks.
- Add a Mini Dimensional to each monkey (under the head of the monkey on the left side and under the body of the monkey on the right.)
- For the card inside – stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso Ink on Basic White Cardstock. With a dauber ink one of the monkeys in Early Espresso Ink and stamp on the bottom left corner. Adhere this to a piece of Old Olive Cardstock then adhere to card inside.
- To decorate the envelope, ink one of the monkey’s using a dauber and Early Espresso Ink, stamp on bottom left corner.
And now you have a beautiful and fun card to brighten someone’s day.
- Basic White Thick: 4-1/4 x 11 scored at 5-1/2” for Card Base
- Old Olive: 5-5/16” x 4-1/16”, 4” x 5-1/4” (inside)
- Basic White: 3-3/4” x 5” (inside), Scraps for stamping and Sentiment
- Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper: 3-3/4” x 5”
- Stamps: Catch You Later, Paradise Palms
- Dies: Palms Dies
- Embossing Folder: Fern 3D Embossing Folder
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Old Olive, Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper
- Stampin Pads: Old Olive, Parakeet Party, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Black Memento Ink
- Stampin’ Blends: Natural Tones Collection, Soft Suede Combo, Old Olive or Parakeet Party
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
KITS COLLECTION BOGO 50% OFF PROMOTION
Share a Kit with a Friend…or get two great kits for yourself with the Kits Collection BOGO 50% Off Promotion!!
Get ready—the Kits Collection is having a buy one, get one 50% off promotion. June is the perfect time to stock up on cute kits from the Kits Collection or to get one for you and for a friend! As always, the kit selection is based on availability.
You can see what’s available in the Kits Collection selection here.
- Sale runs June 1-30, 2022.
- All kits in the Kits Collection by Stampin’ Up! qualify for this sale.
- Kit selection is based on availability.
- You will need at least two kits in your cart for the discount to automatically apply to the more expensive kit (yes…the more expensive one!!) at checkout.
- There are no order limits on this promotion.
- The Nourish & Flourish kit does not qualify for the BOGO offer.
Let me know if you have any questions. And get ready to pick up some BOGO kits in June!