Zany Zoo Theatre Birthday Card
Stampin’ Up! Zany Zoo is just the right stamp set for my grandson’s birthday card. For this card I created a video tutorial to show you how to use the dies to make a stage for your characters.
At the end of the video you’ll find out how to easily and quickly get a copy of the Stampin’ Up! Color Coach at no cost to you.
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making and sharing it with you. Happy Stamping!
- These directions are for the landscaped card that is shown in the video. The cutting directions for the portrait card are listed below the landscaped card directions.
- Fold Crumb Cake card base in half on the score line, burnish with Bone Folder.
- Emboss Crumb Cake panel with the dot 3D Basic Embossing Folder. Adhere to card base.
- Adhere 3/4” x 5-1/2” Dotted Zoo Crew Designer Series Paper to bottom of card front (this is your audience 😂).
- Add a 1/4” x 5-1/2” strip of Black cardstock to card front over the top edge of DSP.
- Cut two of the curtain/drape die out of Pumpkin Pie. Glue to each side of the card front with the bottom of curtain even with the bottom of the black strip. Cut out 2 tie backs and glue to middle of curtains, cut off excess.
- Die cut out the 1” x 5-1/2” piece of Pumpkin Pie with the scallop die. The die won’t fit the across the complete strip so you’ll need to run it through a second time. When running through the second time, make sure you go in far enough to have the scallop cover one complete scallop (see the top row of photos below for the steps). Add to top of card front with Dimensionals.
- Stamp the raccoon and the turtle in Black Memento Ink onto White cardstock. Color the raccoon with light smoky slate, light crumb cake with black for the feet, hands and below the eyes. After the Stampin’ Blends, I used color pencils to add textured to the raccoon’s fur. The balloons were colored in lemon lolly, pool party and lemon light twist. The turtle was colored in lemon lime twist for the head, arms and legs. The spots on turtle shell is light pecan pie. The rest of shell was done in both shades of Old Olive. Light smoky slate and light misty moonlight was used on the microphone. In the video there are instructions for coloring the turtle for the inside. Adhere critters to card front with Glue Dots.
- On a piece of Black cardstock rub with an embossing buddy, stamp the greeting with VersaMark Ink and then sprinkle with White Embossing Powder. Heat set with the Heat Tool until the powder is melted. Die cut out with smallest square die of the Stylish Shape dies. Add to card front with Dimensionals.
- For the balloons, cut 2 out of Lemon Lolly and 1 out of Pool Party cardstock. Use Glue Dots to adhere to top of card front.
- The inside was completed by stamping the saying and turtle stamps in Black Memento Ink. Also, stamp the music notes in the same ink. Color the turtle as you did for the card front in step #8. Stamp confetti in Pool Party and Lemon Lolly Ink.
- Finish the envelope flap with a piece of Zany Zoo Designer Series Paper.
Cutting Directions: Landscaped Theatre Card
- Crumb Cake: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base), 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” (card front pane embossed)
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (inside), scraps for stamping
- Black: 1/4” x 5-1/2” (card front), 1-3/4” x 2-1/4” (greeting)
- Pumpkin Pie: 3-3/8” x 2-1/2” (curtains/drapes), 1” x 5-1/2” (top curtain)
- Zany Zoo Designer Series Paper: 3/4” x 5-1/2” (card front)
Cutting Directions: Portrait Theatre Alligator Card
- Misty Moonlight: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base), 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” (card front panel embossed)
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (inside)
- Black: 1/4” x 4-1/4” (card front), 1-3/4” x 2-1/4” (greeting)
- Poppy Parade: 3-3/8” x 2-1/2” (curtains/drapes), 1-1/4” x 4-1/4” (top curtain)
- Petal Pink: Scrap for flower
- Granny Apple Green: Scrap for flowers
- Zany Zoo Designer Series Paper: (2)1-1/4” x 4-1/4” (card front top and bottom), alligator to die cut out
- Stamps: Zany Zoo
- Dies: Zany Zoo, Stylish Shapes
- Cardstock/Paper: Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Black, White, Zany Zoo Designer Series Paper
- Stampin Pads: Lemon Lolly, Pool Party, Black Memento Ink
- Embossing Folder: Basic 3D Embossing Folders (dot)
- Heat Embossing: Basics Embossing Powders, Embossing Additions Tool Kit, Heat Tool
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Stampin Seal, Liquid Glue
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
Earn Free Stampin’ Up! products when you order from Bonnie-Lynn Lenke!
Bonnie-Lynn’s Reward points are my way of personally saying “thank you” for shopping with me and being a frequent shopper. You earn a reward point for every $25 increment you spend on Stampin’ Up! products (before shipping and taxes) through my online store. After you earn 10 Reward Points, I’ll provide you with a $25 product credit on a future order (I will need to personally place the order for you with the credit).