Waves of Inspiration Birthday Card
I love the ocean so the Stampin’ Up! Waves of Inspiration Stamp Bundle has been perfect for me. It was released a year ago and is still available in the Annual Catalogue. The ocean is my happy place and brings such a peace to me.
For this card I used the Stamparatus as I’m stamping the stamp 3 times in the same place and I know I couldn’t do this technique without it. So grab not only your Stamparatus but 3 shades of ocean blue inks and some daubers and make this card along with me as you watch the video.
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making and sharing it with you.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold your Basic White Thick card base in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Using the Stamparatus place your 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” Basic White Cardstock in the corner and stamp with Balmy Blue Ink. Using Pacific Point Ink and a Dauber add ink to the wave in various areas of the stamp then stamp onto the previous image (make sure cardstock is still in the corner). Next add Night of Navy Ink to the stamp with a Dauber and stamp over the same image for a third time.
- Cut the above image down to 4-1/2” x 3-1/4” making sure you cut the white off under the wave. Adhere to the small Night of Navy Panel.
- Adhere the above image panel to the card front.
- Add a 3” x 1” piece of Adhesive Sheet to a piece of 3” x 1” piece of Basic Black Cardstock, Cut out 3 birds using the Wave Dies and adhere to the card front.
- Stamp the Greeting onto a piece of White Cardstock in Night of Navy Ink. Cut out with a Wave Die. Adhere to card front with Dimensionals.
- Tie a double bow out of Line Thread and adhere to Greeting with a Glue Dot.
- Add 3 Gems of your choosing to the card front. I used the retired Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels.
- For the inside I finished it by stamping the saying in Night of Navy Ink onto White Cardstock. Stamp the seagull sitting on the logs in Soft Suede Ink. Adhere this to the Night of Navy Cardstock then adhere the panel to the card inside.
- The Envelope was complete by stamping the Seagull in Soft Suede Ink in the lower left corner.
- And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day. Don’t forget to give it to someone.
- Basic White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base)
- Basic White: 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” (ocean panel front), 3” x 1” (Greeting), 5” x 3-3/4” (inside)
- Night of Navy: 4-5/8” x 3-3/8” (front layer), 5-1/4” x 4” (inside)
- Stamps: Waves of Inspiration
- Dies: Wave Dies, Mini Pocket Envelope Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Night of Navy, Basic Black
- Stampin Pads: Balmy Blue, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Soft Suede
- Embellishments: Linen Thread, Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels (retired)
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Adhesive Sheet, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
Fresh, never-before-seen products to spark your creativity and expand your collection all year long! Click on photos to enlarge them.
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side of webpage midway down.