Lighting The Way Card & Video
Let the light shine with Stampin’ Up! Lighting The Way stamp set. I love this lantern and all the stamps that come with it. The Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper works well with the look I was going for. This bundle will make some great guy cards and is still perfect for ladies too.
I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it to share with you.
Let’s Get Started
- Cut all your papers according to the sizes listed under cardstock.
- Using you Cut & Emboss Machine, cut the lantern out of Brushed Metallic Cardstock.
- Fold the Soft Succulent on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder. This is your Card Base.
- Emboss the 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” Soft Succulent panel with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to front of card base with you favorite adhesive.
- Adhere the Fancy Flora DSP to card front.
- Stamp the Soft Sea Foam panel with the grass on the bottom in Soft Succulent Ink stamping a second time to have different shades of grass. Leave room when stamping a row on the bottom to stamp more grass in between them for added depth.
- Lay the lantern you cut out in step 2 where you want on the Soft Sea Form but don’t attach yet. Put a very light mark where you want to stamp the lantern light at. Stamp the larger of the 3 round circles from the Lighting The Way Stamp set in Daffodil Delight Ink on the Soft Sea Foam panel using your mark as a guide where to stamp. Use Liquid Glue to adhere the lantern in place over the circle stamp.
- Stamp two of the Bee stamps in Rich Razzleberry Ink onto a scrap of White Cardstock and cut with coordinating dies from the Lighting The Way dies. Stamp Daffodil Ink onto the body ends with Daffodil Delight Ink using small circle stamp. Decide where you want your Bees to go on the Soft Sea Foam panel and then stamp the small circle stamp in Daffodil Ink where the end of bodies will be. Adhere each Bee with a Dimensional. Adhere panel to card front using Dimensionals.
- Next, stamp you greeting “Happy Birthday” from the Artistically Inked stamp set in VersaMark Ink onto Crumb Cake Cardstock. Heat Emboss with Black Embossing Powder. Use the Paper Trimmer to trim this so it’s about 5/8” high (see video). Trim each end at an angle. Adhere to card front using Dimensionals. I just realized that the Something Fancy Bundle has a Happy Birthday stamp with a die like the cut I made.
- Using your Take Your Pick tool, adhere 3 clear Adhesive Backed Milky Dots to card front.
- The inside is finished by stamping the saying from the Lighting The Way stamp set in Soft Succulent Ink. Stamp the grass on the bottom as you did on the front. Stamp two Bees in Rich Razzleberry Ink and then the Daffodil Delight over the body/tail end with small circle.
- Don’t forget to stamp the Envelope with the grass stamp 3 times in Soft Succulent Ink. Stamp the Bee in Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight Inks as you did on the inside of card.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day. Don’t forget to give this to someone.
- Soft Succulent: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” (card base), 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” (card front)
- Soft Sea Foam: 3-1/2” x 4-1/2” (card front)
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (card inside)
- Crumb Cake: 4” x 1” (greeting)
- Brushed Metallic Cardstock: 2-1/4” x 3-3/4” (lantern)
- Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper: 3” x 5-1/2” (card front)
- Stamps: Lighting The Way, Artistically Inked, Something Fancy
- Dies: Lighting The Way, Something Fancy Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Soft Succulent, Soft Sea Foam, Basic White, Crumb Cake, Brushed Metallic Cardstock, Fancy Flora DSP
- Stampin Pads: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, VersaMark
- Embellishments: Adhesive Backed Milky Dots, Basic Embossing Powders (Black)
- Embossing Folder: Fern 3D
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Heat Tool, Embossing Additions Tray, Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side of webpage midway down.
Shop and Earn Free Products
I hope that you’re as excited about SALE-A-BRATION as I am. I love when it’s Sale A-bration time. Enjoy a FREE product from the Sale-a-bration Brochure for EVERY $50/$100 order you place now through February 28, 2023. No limit!