Friendly Gnomes Valentine’s Day Fun Fold Card & Video
This Fun Fold card was made with the Stampin’ Up Friendly Gnomes Stamp/Die Bundle. I created the Sweet Sorbet card for my grandson and the Petal Pink card for my granddaughter. I like to personalize my cards for the people who are receiving them.
The Fun Fold was one I found done by Tami White and I thought it was so pretty, plus it’s easy to make. You can select any die frame you want to use for the card front design by what you have available. I used a square on one card and an scallop oval on the other card. I’ve also included a picture of a card I made in December that uses a larger Stitched Rectangle Die. This gives you an idea of what you can do with your cards.
These directions are written for the Bearded Sweet Sorbet Gnome card. The Petal Pink Gnome card is the one I made in the video. I will list the Stampin’ Blends I used for both cards. Warning, the video is better to see how to assemble than trying to read what I wrote. Sometimes it’s really hard to describe how to assemble a fun fold card.
There is no right or wrong way in selecting which die to use for your card. I hope you enjoy this card and video as much as I enjoyed making it for you. Blessings to you and your family!
Let’s Get Started
- Stamped Gnome on piece of White Cardstock and color it. In a previous video, Friendly Gnomes Birthday Card I showed you my technique for coloring a bearded gnome. In this video I show you how I did the girl gnome. Colors for this guy are Sweet Sorbet, Smoky Slate, So Saffron on sleeves, Crumb Cake for shoes and squirrel, Old Olive for pants, Petal Pink for skin, Old Olives and Granny Apply Green for rolling hill. (Girl gnome colors are Petal Pink, Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron, Sweet Sorbet, So Saffron, Dark Daffodil Delight, Polished Pink, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green and Sweet Sorbet.) Cut out with the coordinating die from the Gnome Dies.
- Fold your Card Base in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder. Adhere Designer Series Paper to Card Front. Using the largest Stylish Shape Square Die tape in place in the center of card front. Before using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine make sure your card base is opened all the way so you only cut the DSP and Card Front. You will reuse the cardstock from the piece you just cut out.
- Die cut the second largest Square Die out of White Cardstock. To create the grassy hill on this white square I used Old Olive and Granny Apple Green Blends. Do this by drawing very lightly with pencil a hill or rolling hills. The pencil will not erase after coloring it so it needs to be barely visible. Color using 3 different shades of Green Blends. Next I took a 4” x 4” piece of a worn washcloth and put some Copic Blending solution on it, just barely damp. Rub the nap of the cloth so it’s not all pushed down and hold it down against the grassy area, in a about a nickel to quarter size area, for about 3 seconds and lift up (do not rub it around). This will give you a more distressed area and it blends the greens better together. If you don’t have the Copic blending solution you can try it with 90% plus rubbing alcohol.
- Stamp the Squirrel in Black Memento Ink and color with Crumb Cake Blends.
- Using Black Memento Ink, stamp your Greeting at the top of White square. Adhere this piece to the Cardstock you cut out of the card front with your favorite adhesive. Set aside for now.
- I recommend you watch the video to see how to assemble the card. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” Happy Forest Friends DSP to the right side of the inside of card.
- Add the 5-3/4” x 4-1/4” Designer Series Paper to the 6” x 4-1/2” Sweet Sorbet Cardstock. Fold on the score lines. Adhere the right 2” section of the fold piece to the right edge of the DSP. Fold this section up and close the card. Add tape to DSP on the folded piece that is showing through the card front opening you cut out. Now adhere the piece you cut out and added the white square to, by placing it in the Card Front Opening for a perfect fit and press down so it adheres to tape.
- Use Dimensionals to attached your Gnome to Card Front.
- To finish the inside you’ll need the scored White Cardstock. Using the “Happy Valentine’s Day” stamp from Country Bouquet Stamp set, ink one word at a time and stamp onto right side of White Cardstock. (Note: Make sure you clean the stamp between each word so you don’t get ink where you don’t want it. I used my Sweet Sorbet Marker to do this. You could also cover the words you don’t want ink on with tape, ink the stamp and remove the tape before stamping the stamp.)
- To finished inside stamp the red hearts in Sweet Sorbet Ink on the left side of White Cardstock. Useyour favorite adhesive and adhere saying, matching the center of White Cardstock to the fold line of the middle and right sections of the folded cardstock.
- Finish the Envelope Flap with a piece of complementing Designer Series Paper.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten a special someone’s Valentine’s day.
- Sweet Sorbet: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” (card base), 6” x 4-1/2” scored at 2”, 4” and 6” (card inside)
- Basic White: 3” x 3-1/2” scored at 1-1/2” (card inside)
- Happy Forest Friends Designer Series Paper: (2) 4” x 5-1/4”, 5-3/4” x 4-1/4” , piece for envelope flap
- Stamps: Friendly Gnomes, Country Bouquet
- Dies: Gnome Dies, Stylish Shaped Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Sweet Sorbet, Basic White, Happy Forest Friends DSP
- Stampin Pads: Sweet Sorbet, Black Memento Ink
- Stampin’ Blends: Sweet Sorbet, Petal Pink, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Granny Apple Green and Smoky Slate
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
Paper Pumpkin Sunshine & Smiles Kit Plus Die Add-On’s
Make cloudy days a little brighter with the Sunshine & Smiles Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes nine sweet and sunny cards—three each of three designs. If someone you know is weathering a storm, this kit is just what you’ll need to create cards that are sure to brighten their day!
Catch a glimpse of sunshine through those springtime showers with this kit’s playful peek-through cards! Each card includes an open window in the front, perfect for adding a touch of dimension and layering! You and your customers will have fun crafting with these cards—rain or shine!
AND for the first time ever, we’ve got a coordinating die add-on! See picture of dies in picture at top bottom right.
Shop and Earn Free Products
I hope that you’re as excited about SALE-A-BRATION as I am. I love when it’s Sale A-bration time. Enjoy a FREE product from the Sale-a-bration Brochure for EVERY $50/$100 order you place now through February 28, 2023. No limit!
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side of webpage midway down.
Ever Thought About Joining Stampin Up?
Sale-A-Brationis an excellent time to join Stampin’ Up! Family and my Team.
When you Stampin’ Up! You join an an Independent Demonstrator. There is only one requirement and the is meet your quarterly minimum. You can achieve this as a hobbies Demonstrator or by selling the products as a business. The choice is yours.
By becoming a Demonstrator you get early assess to all new products and even receive a discount on the product. There is a Demonstrator only Facebook page which is wonderful to see what other Demonstrators are making around the world.
When you sign up during Sale-A-Bration you can choose from three incredible options:
- Option 1: The exclusive Boho Blue Mini Machine ($63 USD value) + your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 2: The original white Mini Machine ($63 USD value) + your choice of $175 USD* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 3: Your choice of $175 USD* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $99 USD.
*That’s $50 more product than the standard Starter Kit offer!
I would love to have you on my Team. If you have any questions or need more information please email me at Bonnie@bonniestamps.com. I would love to share all the details. If you’re ready to sign up now then click on the button.