Today we’re doing something new with the Stampin’ Up! Rocking Horse & Merriest Trees stamp bundles. I saw in the mini catalog the ornament made with the O Holy Night suite and thought that the Rocking Horse would work great as an ornament.
Writing directions for this is very hard. What I did was write out what you needed to prepare for the ornament. Once you have it all together you’ll want to watch the video I made for you. I show you how I stamp the tree and color the Rocking Horse to give it textured, then we move onto assembling the ornament.
The ring I use in the video I purchased at Michaels. I then ordered more through Amazon. This is a 4” ring for this ornament. I have the 3” coming from Amazon to make the O Holy Night Suite ornaments that are in the mini catalog. I hope you enjoy switching it up a little bit and hopefully, you will give the ornament a try. The most difficult part is tying the string and then the ribbon with only 2 hands. Happy Stamping!
- Stamp the rocking horse and bow in Black Memento Ink on White Cardstock. Color the bow with the dark Cherry Cobbler and both Real Red Stampin’ Blends. Cut out with coordinating die.
- Color the horse as suggested: Smoky Slate for the horse (I used a copic C1 for a light color with the light Smoky Slate Blend), light Pebbled Path for the hooves, dark Cherry Cobbler and Real Reds for the rocker, light Real Red for fringe on blanket, light Shaded Spruce for harness, both Shaded Spruce for saddle blanket, Pecan Pie for saddle.
- To stamp the solid tree stamp using Shaded Spruce Ink on White Cardstock, ink stamp then stamp off once, stamp on cardstock. Stamp the tree foliage in full strength Shaded Spruce Ink over the stamped off tree. Cut out with the 2nd largest coordinating die.
- The gold trim on the tree is die cut out of Gold Foil with the die that has 5 rows of what looks like dots. I recommend adhering Adhesive Sheet to back of foil prior to die cutting. You need one set of the 5 different rows.
- Die cut a Shaded Spruce panel with the 2nd largest tree die. This should be the same size as your stamped tree you cut out in the step above.
- Using a scrap of Real Red Cardstock, cut out one of the solid bow dies.
- For the Teddy Bear, die cut one out of cardstock color of your choosing. I used Pecan Pie for one ornament and the 2023 – 2025 In Color Luster Speciality Paper for the other.
- At this point you’ll want to tune in to the video to see how I put on the string/ribbon so that the ornament will not turn when hung on a tree and how to best assemble the ornament.
- Basic White: 3″ x 4” (stamp rocking horse & bow), 3- 1/4” x 3-1/2” (stamp tree)
- Shaded Spruce: 3-1/4” x 3-1/2” (tree)
- Gold Foil: 1-1/4” x 2-3/4” (trim for tree)
- Pecan Pie or 2023 – 2025 In-Color Luster Speciality Paper: Scrap (bear)
- Real Red: Scrap (bow)
- Stamps: Rocking Horse, Merriest Trees
- Dies: Racing Horse, Merriest Trees
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White, Shaded Spruce, Real Red, Fold Foil, Pecan Pie or 2023 – 2025 In-Color Luster Speciality Paper
- Stampin Pads: Shaded Spruce, Memento Black
- Stampin’ Blends: Copper Clay, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce, Pebbled Path, Smoky slate
- Embellishments: Festive Pearls
- Ribbon: Simply Elegant Trim, Real Red & Garden Green 3/8” Ribbon Combo Pack
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
- All order types qualify for this promotion
- Free shipping applies after the qualifying amount has been met.
- The minimum qualifying amount to receive free shipping is $75, before tax
- Free shipping only applies during the three-day period, between 9–11 October.
- With the exception of a one-time monthly Paper Pumpkin subscription, all Stampin’ Up! products qualify for the promotion.
- Prepaid 3, 6, or 12 month Paper Pumpkin subscriptions are eligible for FREE shipping under the same rules as all other Stampin’ Up! items during the promotion.
- The free shipping promotion does not cover the additional cost for expedited shipping.
- Please keep in mind, that with any product launch, the distribution center may fall behind our typical shipping timeframes. In such cases, we will do all we can to return to our regular service levels as quickly as possible.
Remember to use my Hostess Code – CB9GYN73, to earn Reward Points on orders of $50 and above, not including tax & Shipping.
Check out this month’s Specials:
click on an image for more information…