Today I’m sharing a card with you using Stampin’ Up! Rocking Horse & Merriest Trees stamp bundles in this Old Fashion Christmas card. Since I had the rocking horse and tree left over from the Ornament I made the other day, it was only natural to make a card with them.
You can check out the video (coloring starts at the 7:20 mark) I made for the ornament showing how to color the rocking horse and bow with Stampin’ Blends and how to stamp the tree.
Combining these two stamp sets reminds of Christmases from when I was child, sweet memories. Hopefully, they’ll bring back pleasant memories for you too. This was a fun one to create as was the ornament. Happy Stamping!
- Fold Real Red Cardstock in half on the score line, burnish with Bone Folder. This is a landscaped card.
- Emboss the White Cardstock panel with the Christmas Tiding Embossing Folder. Adhere to card base.
- Ink up the Merriest Trees solid tree stamp in Shaded Spruce Ink, stamp off once and then stamp onto White Cardstock. Stamp the foliage stamp in full strength Shaded Spruce Ink over the tree. Cut out with the next to largest coordinating die. (Hint – use the Stampin Pierce Mat with photopolymer stamps for a better stamped imagine. Photopolymer stamps should have a cushion under the paper when stamping.)
- Stamp the rocking horse, trumpet, bow and presents in Memento Black Ink onto White Cardstock. See the ornament video (coloring starts at the 7:20 mark) for instructions on coloring the horse and bow with Stampin’ Blends. Color the trumpet with Light Wild Wheat Stampin’ Blend. For the presents colors used were real red, granny apple green, azure afternoon and daffodil delight. Cut out with coordinating dies.
- Die cut the garland for tree out of Gold Foil with Adhesive Sheet on the back before cutting. Adhere to tree.
- Cut out the following items with the Rocking Horse Dies: bear from the 2023 – 2025 In-Color Luster Specialty Paper. Blocks out of Very Vanilla Cardstock and tree stand from Pecan Pie Cardstock. With the Watercolor Color Pencils, color the letters on the blocks.
- Attach the tree to right side of card front with Seal or Glue Dots, leave the bottom free to tuck the tree stand in with Glue Dots. The colored bow with a Glue Dot.
- The rocking horse goes on next with Dimensionals and the Real Red die cut bow with a glue dot. Adhere the presents and trumpet (the part of trumpet not on rocking horse) with dimensionals. Bear and blocks are adhered with Glue Dots.
- Stamp the greeting in Real Red Ink on White Cardstock. Cut out with die from Autumn Leaves. Use Dimensionals to attach to card front.
- The inside was completes by stamping the saying from the Rocking Horse stamp set in Real Red Ink onto White Cardstock panel. A strip of the Merry Bold & Bright DSP was adhered to the left hand side of the panel.
- Finish the envelope with a piece of Merry Bold & Bright Designer Series Paper on the envelope flap.
- Real Red: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base)
- Basic White: (2) 4” x 5-1/4” (card front & inside), 1-1/2” x 2-1/2” (greeting), 4” x 3-3/4” (stamp rocking horse & presents, trumpet, bow), 3” x 4” (stamp tree)
- Pecan Pie: Scrap
- Very Vanilla: Scrap
- Gold Foil: 1-1/4” x 2-3/4” (trim for tree)
- 2023 – 2025 In-Color Luster Speciality Paper: Scrap (bear)
- Merry Bold & Bright Designer Series Paper: 5/8” x 4” (inside), 2-1/4” x 6” (envelope flap, double check your envelope flap before cutting)
- Stamps: Rocking Horse, Merriest Trees
- Dies: Rocking Horse, Merriest Trees, Autumn Leaves
- Cardstock/Paper: Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Basic White, Very Vanilla, Pecan Pie, Gold Foil, In-Color Luster Specialty Paper, Merry Bold & Bright
- Stampin Pads: Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Memento Black
- Stampin’ Blends: Smoky Slate, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Pebbled Path, Shaded Spruce, Copper Clay, Azure Afternoon, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wheat, Granny Apple Green
- Embellishments: Festive Pearls
- Embossing Folder: Christmas Tidings
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Stampin Seal
- Others: Watercolor Pencils Assortment 1
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
Amazing Starter Kit Deal From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! is celebrating 35 years as the #1 stamping & crafting company and they have an amazing deal this month to join!
Two Options to Select from:
- Get 35% OFF your starter kit: pay $64.35 for $125 in products of your choice
- or Get 35% MORE FREE products, by paying $99 and selecting $168.75 in products!