Irresistible Blooms Water Color Mother’s Day Card
Stampin’ Up! Irresistible Blooms, an online exclusive is stunning. For this card I did some heat embossing and water coloring to make this beautiful card. Read on for directions on how to make this card or better yet watch the video.
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making and sharing it with you.
Let’s Get Started
- First we’ll heat emboss both flowers from the Irresistible Blooms stamp set with White Embossing Powder on Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper. Do two of the large flowers and three of the smaller flower. Set aside to dry then cut out with the coordinating dies.
- Stamp 3 of the two leaf leaves and 1 of the 3 leaf leaves in Soft Sea Foam Ink on White Cardstock. Cut out with coordinating dies.
- Stamp the saying on White Cardstock in Soft Succulent Ink. Cut the right end at an angle.
- Fold the White card base in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder. Use the Elegant Borders rounded curve die to cut the right side of card front.
- Adhere the Hello, Irresistible DSP to the left side of card base.
- Cut the Vellum Cardstock with the long decorative die from the Irresistible Blooms Dies. Adhere to left side of card front with liquid glue.
- Using Dimensionals adhere the flower to card front arranging in a curve along the card front allowing some of the decorative cut to show through. Note – make sure the Dimensionals do not cover the decorative edge or they’ll stick to card inside preventing you from opening card.
- Add the leaves around the flowers using Dimensionals on the left hand side. On the right side use Glue Dots making sure the glue dot is adhere to the flowers.
- Wrap the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon around the card front and tie into a bow.
- Add the greeting with Dimensionals.
- The inside is finished by embossing a panel of Soft Sea Foam Cardstock with the crosshatch designs Basic Embossing Folders, another online exclusive. Adhere to card inside. Stamp the saying from Framed Florets in Soft Succulent Ink on White Cardstock. Cut out with a Something Fancy Die. Adhere to card inside.
- Using the small flower, ink it with the Pale Papaya Ink then add Flirty Flamingo Ink with a Dauber. Stamp onto White Cardstock and cut out with coordinating die. Adhere to card inside.
- With the card closed, add Iridescent Pear Basic Jewels to top and bottom of the card inside on the right hand side.
- Finish the envelope by stamping the small flower on the bottom left hand corner as you did for the card inside.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Basic White: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” (card base), 3/4” x 3-1/4” (greeting), 2-1/2” x 3-1/2” (saying)
- Soft Sea Foam: 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” (inside)
- Fluid 100 Water Color Paper: 5” x 7”
- Hello Irresistible Designer Series Paper: 2-3/8” x 5-3/8” (front)
- Vellum Cardstock: 1-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Stamps: Irresistible Blooms, Framed Florets, Marigold Moments
- Dies: Irresistible Blooms, Elegant Borders, Something Fancy
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White, Soft Sea Foam, Hello Irresistible DSP, Vellum Cardstock, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
- Stampin Pads: Flirty Flamingo, Pale Papaya, Soft Sea Foam, Soft Succulent, VersaMark
- Embellishments: Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels
- Ribbon: Open Weave Ribbons Pale Papaya
- Embossing Folder: Basics 3D Embossing Folders
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Water Painters, Heat Tool, Embossing Additions Tool Kit, Daubers, Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Heat Tools, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
Bonnie-Lynn’s FREE PDF in April 2023
When you purchase your Stampin’ Up! merchandise from my Online Store and use the monthly Host Code, QJPCBZGY, you will receive the PDF for these 4 cards featuring Two-Tone Flora Bundle and Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper. Three of the cards are fun folds. There is also a video in the works showing you how to make the cards. I also show you how to stamp the two step stamps for this set.
This is a wonderful stamp set and is being carried over to the annual catalogue. The bundle price does end on May 1st. so if you order it this month you save 10%. The designer series paper retires the end of April or while supplies last. The two cards with designer series paper where designed to easily use any DSP.
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side of webpage midway down.
The January–April 2023 Mini Catalog and the 2022–2023 Annual Catalog will be retiring soon! It’s bittersweet to say goodbye to a Stampin’ Up! catalog, but we’re looking forward to all the new products on their way—and we hope you are, too.
Stock up on your favorite products before they’re gone for good! You can save up to 60% on essential craft supplies, sale prices start April 4th. What are you waiting for? Start shopping and selling! After all, this selection of Last Chance Products is only available while supplies last.
LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS DETAILS
- All products are available while supplies last, and there are no purchase limits.
- Not all items on the Last Chance Products List will be discounted.
- The Stamparatus and its accessories are part of this Last Chance promotion, but these are only available while supplies last. If there is leftover product at the end of this promotion, the Stamparatus and its accessories will move into the Online Exclusive category.
- ORDER DEADLINES: May 1, 2023 at 11:50 PM MT