Snowman Magic Winter Shaker Card
Stampin’ Up! Snowman Magic Stamp Bundle not only makes a beautiful Christmas Card but also a fun Wintertime Card that will work for any number of occasions from a Thank You Card to a Birthday Card. This set can be valuable during the first 3 months of the year.
Techniques for this card includes using your water painter and a Stampin Blend. Of course you’re only coloring a nose. A Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Write Marker will also work instead of a Blend. If you don’t have any Soft Suede Cardstock on hand you can sponge a piece of White Cardstock with Soft Suede Ink or use Stampin’ Blends to color the tree and snowman arms if you cut it out of Basic White. Unfortunately, the pictures don’t do the background justice. So many different options if you don’t have all items that I used in the card.
The center of the card is so pretty that I decided not to cover it up with a Greeting. Instead I stamped what I wanted on the inside. I also Glued my snowman and birds down so that the sequins/glitter didn’t’ get stuck behind them. That is also why I used the double side Adhesive Sheets for the tree.
I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it. Happy Stamping!
Let’s Get Started
- With the Large end Water Painters color your Water Color Paper with the Balmy Blue Highland Heather, Pacific Point Ink Refills. Start with one color and add till you get the look you desire. Have a paper towel handy in case you want to blot some of the color off for a more spotty look. A darker color finish will show through the vellum better than a light color finish. Set aside to dry or dry with your Heat Tool.
- Stamp your Snowman in Black Memento Ink along with the buttons and face. Stamp the bird in Starry Sky or Pacific Point Ink. Cut out all pieces with the coordinating Snowman Dies.
- For the knitted hat and scarf I used Highland Heather ink stamped on White Cardstock. Cut the hat and bow tie out of Black Cardstock. Or you can stamp them in Memento Black Ink onto White Cardstock. Add the double sided Adhesive Sheet to the Soft Suede Cardstock and cut out the bare tree and arms with the Snowman Dies.
- Fold your Thick Basic White Card Base in half and burnish with Bone Folder. Adhere the dry Water Color Paper to the Card Base with your favorite adhesive, centering it on the card front.
- Next adhere the Snowflake Vellum to the Water Color Paper by using tape, seal or a light long line of Glue in straight lines down each edge.
- Build your snowman and Glue to Snowflake Vellum. Remove the backing off your tree and adhere to Vellum. Use Glue to attach the bird.
- Using the Frame die from the Snowman Dies cut out the Basic White panel, make sure you center the die first on the cardstock. Then adhere the Window Sheet to the back side of the frame. Double check that your adhesive doesn’t show on the window sheet and that the window sheet doesn’t show past the frame edges.
- Add the Foam Strips to the underside of the frame near the edges of frame. Add your sequins to the middle of card front (Hint: if using the round Effervescent Elements adhere 3 sides of frame before adding the them, otherwise they’ll roll all over the place. Remember to remove the protective strip off the last side and press down after adding the sequins.) Adhere Frame to Card Front covering the edges of the Snowflake Vellum.
- For the inside of the card I stamped the saying in Pacific Point on White Cardstock and stamped a Snowman in Black Memento Ink and made it look like the one on the front. I did stamp the arms in Soft Suede Ink. Adhere the White Cardstock to the Balmy Blue Cardstock then adhere both to the inside.
- Decorate the Envelope by Stamping a Snowman to the bottom left corner.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten a special someone’s Holiday or Winter Season.
- Basic White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”, this is your card base
- Basic White: 3-7/8” x 5-1/8” (to cut snowflake frame), 3-3/4” x 5” , Scraps for stamping
- Balmy Blue: 4” x 5-1/4” (card inside)
- Soft Suede: 2” x 2-3/4”
- Basic Black: Scraps
- Watercolor Paper: 3-3/4” x 5”
- Snowflake 12” x 12” Speciality Vellum: 3-3/4” x 5”
- Window Sheets: 3-5/8” x 4-7/8”
- Stamps: Snowman Magic
- Dies: Snowman Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” Card Base
- Stampin Pads: Pacific Point, Highland Heather, Memento Black
- Ink Refills: Pacific Point, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather
- Stampin Blends or Markers: Pumpkin Pie
- Embellishments: Effervescent Elements
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
CURRENT HOST CODE: ZU2TGXSX
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side of webpage midway down.
STARTER KIT PROMOTION FROM STAMPIN’ UP! OCTOBER 4th – 31st
October is a fabulous time to join Stampin’ Up! New team members will get even MORE FREE products in their customizable Starter Kit. Between 4–31 October, those who sign up can get $155 worth of products for only $99 + free business supplies + free shipping + all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up! and my team, Starlight Crafters.
STARTER KIT + PROMOTION DATE: OCTOBER 4-31, 2022
- A new demonstrator can select any eligible Stampin’ Up! products up to the stated value.
- The Starter Kit also includes business resources like catalogs, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- In addition to the amazing added value to their Starter Kit, when new team members join Stampin’ Up! they get to be a part of our amazing community of crafters. Plus, they get to enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others, early access to products, and exclusive access to training events.
- The Starter Kit also includes a FREE past Paper Pumpkin kit.
- When you join Stampin’ Up! you get to be a part of our amazing community of crafters. You get to share fun crafting experiences with others, have early access to new products and exclusive access to training events.
- There is no requirements to hold events, share online or sell in any way to others. You can join and simply get the awesome Starter Kit + deal and then get a minimum of a 20% discount on anything that you purchase as a Demonstrator.
- New demonstrators who submit their Independent Demonstrator Agreement (IDA) before October 4th or after October 31st will not be eligible for this offer.
Paper Pumpkin – November’s Kit
When autumn rolls around, do you start thinking about cozy Christmas crafting projects? This November, Paper Pumpkin delivers this and more with its one-of-a-kind, holiday-themed crafting experience. This festive kit includes 12 fun, sparkly gift tags and (as always!) an exclusive stamp set—plus everything you need for a successful holiday crafting experience.
SAVE TIME WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE CHRISTMAS TAG KIT
Our From the North Pole Kit is a great way to add a DIY touch to this year’s holiday gifting and still save so much time! This kit has everything you need to make 12 sparkling, handmade tags—without the fuss!
Need unique Christmas packaging to round out your gifting? We’ve got you covered with our exclusive North Pole Sacks add-on. Keep reading to learn more!
Subscribe to the November Paper Pumpkin Kit between 11 October and 10 November at paperpumpkin.com!
Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.